Job Duties and Tasks for: "Acupuncturist"
1) Formulate herbal preparations to treat conditions considering herbal properties such as taste, toxicity, effects of preparation, contraindications, and incompatibilities.
2) Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
3) Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses.
4) Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
5) Assess patients'' general physical appearance to make diagnoses.
6) Collect medical histories and general health and life style information from patients.
8) Consider Western medical procedures in health assessment, health care team communication, and care referrals.
9) Treat patients using tools such as needles, cups, ear balls, seeds, pellets, and nutritional supplements.
11) Evaluate treatment outcomes and recommend new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health.
12) Apply moxibustion directly or indirectly to patients using Chinese, non-scarring, stick, or pole moxa.
13) Apply heat or cold therapy to patients using materials such as heat pads, hydrocollator packs, warm compresses, cold compresses, heat lamps, and vapor coolants.
14) Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions.
15) Develop individual treatment plans and strategies.
16) Treat medical conditions using techniques such as acupressure, shiatsu, and tuina.
17) Insert needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
18) Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients'' anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.