Job Duties and Tasks for: "Actor"
2) Collaborate with other actors as part of an ensemble.
3) Learn about characters in scripts and their relationships to each other in order to develop role interpretations.
4) Perform humorous and serious interpretations of emotions, actions, and situations, using body movements, facial expressions, and gestures.
5) Portray and interpret roles, using speech, gestures, and body movements in order to entertain, inform, or instruct radio, film, television, or live audiences.
6) Sing and/or dance during dramatic or comedic performances.
7) Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn and memorize lines, stunts, and cues as directed.
8) Work closely with directors, other actors, and playwrights to find the interpretation most suited to the role.
9) Manipulate strings, wires, rods, or fingers to animate puppets or dummies in synchronization with talking, singing, or recorded programs.
11) Promote productions using means such as interviews about plays or movies.
12) Read from scripts or books to narrate action or to inform or entertain audiences, utilizing few or no stage props.
13) Tell jokes, perform comic dances, songs and skits, impersonate mannerisms and voices of others, contort face, and use other devices to amuse audiences.
14) Work with other crewmembers responsible for lighting, costumes, makeup, and props.
15) Write original or adapted material for dramas, comedies, puppet shows, narration, or other performances.
16) Construct puppets and ventriloquist dummies, and sew accessory clothing, using hand tools and machines.
17) Dress in comical clown costumes and makeup, and perform comedy routines to entertain audiences.
18) Introduce performances and performers in order to stimulate excitement and coordinate smooth transition of acts during events.
19) Prepare and perform action stunts for motion picture, television, or stage productions.